Scholars are a key aspect to our communities.
They are the foundation of our Masajid in leading congregational prayers, teaching and supporting us with our daily life predicaments.
With countless Masajid not able to raise enough donation funds to suitably pay their Imaams, many of them are in desperate need of basic necessities.
This has affected their daily lives in supporting their own families in many circumstances.
We are raising funds to support Imaams and teachers who are facing financial difficulties. Many of the Imaams and teachers have been volunteering their time for the community. However, this makes it difficult to provide for their families. For this reason, Imaams and Teachers often leave their posts in order to find jobs to earn an income. Our project aims to allow them to continue the blessed work of Deen and sponsor them so they can support their families.
It should be our duty to support them in their time of need just as they selflessly supported us in our time of need.
- An Abdullah Aid representative from each country will identify Imaams/teachers in need, mainly in rural areas.
- A zakaat eligibility form will be completed to identify Imaams eligible for Zakaat.
- A monthly cash grant will be provided to each Imaam.
- Grants will vary depending on the country and the Imaams situation.
- Each Imaams situation will be monitored regularly.
- 1 year sponsorship will receive a profile of the Imaam they have been allocated at the beginning of their sponsorship.
All Imaam sponsorships will begin from June 2024.
Imaam Support will be carried out in the following countries: Bangladesh, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Sierra Leone & Tanzania
Any additional funds will be used towards our Imaam support programme.
For more information on Imaam Support, please contact the office.